In addition to being an experienced and Certified Professional Inspector from the world's largest home inspection organization, I have an additional 15 years' experience in Building Operations & Maintenance, where I gained my extensive knowledge of the interdependency of various building systems such as plumbing, electrical & HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning). Previous to this, I wore the "green shirt" at a major home improvement retailer, where I developed my passion for buildings, construction and helping homeowners live in a safe and healthy home, all within their budget constraints. I have also volunteered with many community organizations, most notably Habitat for Humanity Canada. With my knowledge of modern building construction and system design & maintenance it is my aim to assist everyone with their goal of having a safe, healthy, cost and energy efficient home to live in.
Formal Education Resume
- Bachelor of Commerce - Saint Mary's University
- Class II Building Environment Systems Operator - Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC)
- Class I Building Environment Systems Operator - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Systems Maintenance Technician Designation - Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI International)
- Facilities Management Certificate - BOMI International
- Property Administration Certificate - BOMI International
- Property Management Financial Proficiency Certificate - BOMI International
- Certified Professional Inspector Designation - InterNACHI School
- Certificate in Home Inspection - Dalhousie University (Carson Dunlop)
Additional InterNACHI Certifications
Since completing the 660-hour Home Inspection certificate program, I have also completed to date an additional 668 credit hours of continuing education for home inspectors in order to keep on top of the latest trends in the industry. As a direct result of that hard work, we have obtained the following InterNACHI certifications, with more to come!